...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Saving money part 2 -How you save money as a farm girl!

After last posting I was thinking of funny ways I'm learning to cut costs on the ranch and I thought that you might find them amusing...

1. Give all table scraps to the chickens and pig to cut costs on animal food.

2. get a rooster to enhance egg production.

3. Trade eggs at the farmer's market for fresh veggies and fruits

4. Plant a vegetable garden to cut down on fresh food costs.

5. Use goats to eat weeds and fertilize garden

6. Use old fish your dh caught to help your garden grow.

7. keep up a yearly mulch pile to use on your garden, so you don't have to buy it.

8. Homeschooling is cheaper than most other schools, even public schools

9. Instead of buying expensive chemicals to clean your house use what your grandma did - vinegar, dish soap and baking soda.

10. Make your own fabric softener - If you want the recipe I'll send it to you.

11. Use cloth diapers as much as possible

12. Make your own decorative pillows, curtains, and maybe kids clothing??? I'm working on it:) LOL!

OK, so this is fun to me! (even my duck pond, Doni)

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

You just have a good time with that girlfriend ;)!