...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Settling in...

We are settling in, I have some great pictures but I can't post them. I don't have my computer set up yet. I'm still using my dad's laptop. So words will have to do for now. I know one day I will look to these posts and see from a better perspective what this journey means and what we have learned along the way.

Daniel got in safely and we were able to keep all of our things in Daniel's parents garage. The other part of our things are here at my parent's house. The addition is done. Leave it to my parent's to close in a room, add a closet, move electrical, paint, order custom doors and move furniture in a weeks time. Noah and Graham are in their beds, but they are side by side instead of bunk beds. The girls are sharing a bunk bed (well, Cozy will try the bottom bunk next weekend). We have the girls dresser and some toys in there. Thankfully its a very large room so it works out great. They are all getting used to sleeping together and try not to wake each other up in the mornings. Mornings are still earlier here, we use the time by feeding and getting school done. Daniel and I have a room to ourselves, which is so nice. We all share the bathroom, which makes things easier at these ages since I help them all bathe and get ready for bed still anyways. Noah is requiring more privacy, so he just locks the doors to keep Cozette out. They are loving it and working hard to earn money by cleaning corrals for Grandma and Grandpa. Noah has learned to drive the cart and can pull the wagon. So he dumps the manure for grandpa. He is showing so much maturity these days.

The kids all got some kind of flu/upper respiratory thing this week. High fevers and cold like symptoms, they are still battling it but are feeling much better today.

I'm feeling bigger and pretty uncomfortable this time around. Baby #5 is definitely taking its toll on me. I have this weird rash on my stomach and some crazy uncomfortable veins on my leg.

We are celebrating Valentine's Day at home with the sick kids tomorrow!
Have a great love day:)

1 comment:

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, so glad you are settling in. Our family was hit by the flu as well. Ryan missed 4 days of school last week with a fever and we are paying for it now with unreal amounts of homework...poor kid. Jason currently has a fever and Ryan & I have the upper respitory part of the cold. Urggg...Hopefully we all get better soon. We opened all the windows, cleaned all the bedding, changed the air filters and lysoled EVERYTHING in the house. LOL

I know this pregnancy is tougher than the last have been but just think of the end result. It will all seem a distant memory as soon as you meet your next little miracle! :) Hope to see you Sunday, Heather