...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coming Back

What a journey we have been on. We are back in Arizona and loving the beautiful weather. The time change has been tricky, we are still going to bed early getting up earlier than usual. In NC, we would get up around 8:30 or 9, it was so dark and cold. But here we are up by 7 and can't seem to stay indoors. That has been so fun for the kids. My parents have been overwhelmingly gracious to us. We have enjoyed our stay here so much. We are looking forward to Daniel's arrival. He has been packing, cleaning the rental and now driving across the country. Hopefully he will be home at the end of the week.

Taking care of the horses is and being outdoors is therapeutic for me. It has been good for my body and soul to have this each morning. I do so much better outdoors than in. I'm not riding but I'm looking forward to it after the baby comes. Graham is riding Gunny and the boys are cleaning stalls everyday and fixing their fort, they had to leave behind. They panned for gold in the wash this morning and were convinced they had struck it rich. Braxtyn is enjoying her job of taking care of the dogs, they greet each morning and evening and she loves their attention. cozy is appreciating all the extra attention from grandparents and loving wandering outside and getting into lots of trouble:). She calls my mom and dad bopbop or just ba. Its too funny, we try to correct her to saying grandma, but she has refused to change it. Mom's not to pleased with the name, but answers to it all the same. We are sharing one room and working on remodeling the other bedroom. We will have two rooms and a bathroom to ourselves, this will be a nice re-treat especially with the big property to play on.

1 comment:

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, it was so great to see you guys on Sunday. Emotional for all to say the least! Very glad that you are all enjoying the weather and feel "at home" in AZ with the animals and numerous friends/family. Praying for the job for Daniel....