...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Real life returns...

Ok, I'm running out of "life" headers, but I thought it was fun anyways.
Ugh..it is hard to come down from the holidays and get back to work. We started school Monday and it was a rough transition for all of us. I think they forgot everything they learned after a 2 1/2 week break. Amazing what daily repetition does for our brains and what happens when we stop learning. Graham forgot the number 9, just totally forgot that it existed and what it looked like. Noah forgot how to add, his drills were awful. Thankfully Braxtyn doesn't have to remember anything yet, she just happily sits through story time, does her craft, computer time and write her name. Thankfully they all remembered how to write their names! Cozy is not appreciating her play pen time, I have to cage her for at least 1/2 an hour so I can teach a math lesson and some writing. She then freely roams the house playing with whichever sibling is taking a break at the time. Mostly she wants a snack or finds herself sitting in the sink with the water on or dunking babies in the toilet. I am working out a schedule with her, its tough, she is into everything.

Daniel and the boys have spent the last two days raking and burning leaves. Our yard was up to our ankles in them so it will be another day at least before they are gone. This process leaves my boys smelling like a campfire and their nails and faces black with smoke. Nightly showers are required! I will post pictures of the process.

Off to put baby to bed and feed the crew a much anticipated ice cream sandwich!

2 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

My kids need some serious review, too!!

Aimee said...

Brooke - you are simply amazing with your scheduling and homeschooling. I really am an awe of how you do it.

Leaf raking - oh brings back so many memories for me. They used to pile up like that when I lived in Wisconsin. We would rake them into huge piles and jump in them all day long. It was so much fun. Despite all the hard times, you are making precious memories your children will never forget!

Love you!