...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Recipes I stole by blog stalking..I'm not ashamed

I am a blog stalker, when I find a fun blog filled with great ideas. I watch it, read it, and copy it! www.joyshope.com is one of those blogs. She is my kinda girl. I am inspired by her blogging, baking, sewing and sweet heart. And I don't even know her. She certainly doesn't know me. But her husband is the drummer for the Supertones and that is a CD we own, so see, we have things in common. Anyways, she likes to make good things to eat and she makes them easy! Here are a couple of great recipes she has posted and I am going to try them this week. You should too!
Toffee Crack
Don't hate the name, love the idea. Yes, its addicting. That's the point
Ingredients:
Saltines, one stick butter, One cup brown sugar, One bag chocolate chips
Line the cookie sheet with saltines, melt butter in a pan, add brown sugar, stir until slightly caramelized, pour over saltines and spread even,y. Cook at 350 for 5 minutes. Take out of oven, pour chocolate chips on top. AS they melt spread over the toffee. Stick in fridge to set. Break into pieces and enjoy!


Santa Fe Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef/ turkey/ whatevs/ browned and drained
1 can kidney beans
2 cans Ro-tel
1 can stewed Mexican style tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
2 Tbs. taco seasoning
16 0z. Velveeta cubed


Don't give me that
"ewwww.... Velveeta is creepy!" face.
Yes. Velveeta is creepy.
Super creepy.
But sometimes creepy things are really awesome things in disguise. Plus, it doesn't work with regular cheese. I've tried. Talk about creepy.
So get over it.
I promise you won't regret it.

Dump everything in your handy dandy crock pot.
Stir.

Cook on high for three hours.
Stir once halfway.
Done.


I heart this meal.
But want to make it
the. best. meal. ever?
Make this.
I am pretty much 99.9% sure it is why God created corn.
Just saying.

Read more: http://www.joyshope.com/2009/12/my-favorite-meal.html#ixzz1B7LBfGMq

4 comments:

Trish said...

I admit that I am a recipe blog stalker as well! Those recipes look delicious! I, for one, never underestimate the power of Velveeta! I have a food blog with recipes that I have made, if you want to check it out. Sorry I don't post pictures though. I haven't found the energy for that! www.gringasdishes.blogspot.com

Brenda B said...

That soup sounds yummy but while roaming around on Joy's hope's blog I stumbled on to her "story" - now that I'm done sobbing I'll try to resume work....

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, so glad you posted recipe...I have had those candy saltines before and they are AMAZING....glad to have the recipe again. Will have to try the soup even with the creepy processed cheese. LOL Can't wait to see you!!!

PS...Doesn't Amanda look fantastic???

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Oh thanks Trish! Can't wait to check it out
Brenda - Joy is such a great writer!
Heather - She does! We've been having fun!