...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, December 15, 2014

Brooke in Real Life

Why does it seem that when anyone writes "Real Life" on Facebook it's the drudgery of their day? Is it a terrible thing that real life can also be good life? I don't think anyone of us are shallow enough to surmise that life itself isn't just plain hard. We all have struggles, battles, sickness, grief and loss. I can lose my mind over my computer crashing as fast I can my kids fighting. I can fall apart in moments, when I think of my friends who are sick, really sick. But "real Life", the one that can bring me out of my despair or the one that gives me hope in humanity, is not my MSN feed. Nope that one just reminds me of our natural depravity. Today I was reminded that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. We get to hope in the fact that we are loved through all our "real life" drama and joy. Life is about the ups and the downs, right? So I personally love to see the lists of people's joy and family funnies on my Facebook Feed. Like I said no one is so daft to think that those joyous posts are the meat of our souls, right? In light of  the Christmas month, I was just sitting by my fire this morning, drinking a cup of coffee and meditating in the Word and in Prayer and I was hit with the realization that we are allowed to be hopeful and joyous and restful, even within the anguish in our day.  Being real also means sharing the joys and beautiful things in our lives. I get to live in a world with a reality of sorrow, that is true. But I get to be loved with perfection. So today, well this morning, while my house is quiet and I'm being reflective by a warm fire and a glowing Christmas tree, I'm going to rejoice because today it was given to me. The cynical side of me knows that at any moment that could change and that life as I know it could forever be altered..... But the truth is, the good days get to be "real life" too.  Love cast out all fear. So here's to loving that "real life" no matter the outcome.


Here's a little real life conversation that happens at my house:

Cozy, Braxtyn and Quinn in my bathroom getting ready:
Cozy: Am I done? Can I go?
Quinn: We are getting cute.
Braxtyn: We are all so cute.
Quinn: I'm the cutest!
Braxtyn: You just took that to a whole new level girl!

Quinn: I'm so stressed out, wait. What what does that mean?
Braxtyn: It means you have too much on your plate and you can't eat it all.

At Archery and Graham's friend Elea was being picked on.

Graham: I'll take care of it.
(walks up to a 15yr. old boy and let him know you don't pick on girls)
Graham: (to Elea) It's handled he wont bother you again.
(Later Graham proceeds to jokingly rope the boys feet as he walks)
The boy: Ok Graham your younger than me but since your a real cowboy and can actually use a lasso. I respect you.

My Huckleberry! 




No comments: