...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, May 15, 2009

candlewax, mud and baby clothes

I'm 36 weeks pregnant on Saturday. This is the time my mind goes, and my hormones build to crazy levels. I am pretty bent on getting things prepared for the baby, and wouldn't you know it, my husband and kids don't have any idea why I'm cleaning out from under the sinks, throwing out unwanted toys, making everyone clean out from under the beds and out of their drawers. Not to mention my need to get out all the newborn clothes from storage, and Braxtyn's 3yr old clothes from Karsyn and Kacy for her this summer. Not to mention the bathrooms must be clean at all times and the vacuum lines on the carpeting. No, I cannot do this on my own at this point so Daniel has been coming home to tend with my small list of major needs:) As well as visits from mom, grandma and Friends.
It was this last Tuesday that my grandma came over and we boxed up all of Braxtyn's 2 year clothes and unboxed all her new hand-me downs from Karsyn, yes that takes care of her clothing needs! We are so spoiled, I think Braxtyn had 7 bathing suits last year and more than that this year, she has a closet filled with dresses and I can't even put all her shoes in her cabinet! Jodi and I buy a lot of shoes:) Braxtyn thinks its Christmas as she opens all her new clothes and since they are from Karsyn, they are barely worn and never stained. Braxtyn kept exclaiming "Oh me Gosh!!" and putting her hands over her mouth. She couldn't keep up changing from one outfit to another as we found new favorites! Thank you Jodi!! I also unloaded the Braxtyn's baby clothes, and can I say that unless they have invented even cuter clothes than three years ago, I have all the clothes I might ever need for twins, let alone one single baby girl! This was a huge job of re-stacking clothes and finding the drawers to now hold two little girls clothes in one room.. it took us all day! I was so exhausted during Braxtyn's nap time I ignored her call for me and wished she's just go back to sleep for a little while. My wish came true and she was sleeping for another hour! Nope, come to find out, not sleeping... When she came out of her room she smelled of Baby powder, but there was no baby powder in the room...Wait, the candle in the back of the baby's dresser. Somehow the candle had become sticky and she had not only gotten into it, she had gone through the clothes and shoes, and spread candle wax into the dresser and her hair. She saved the clothes naturally. He hair was so full of wax I could twist it up all over her head and it would stay!

Yeah, I cried...all my work of the day on the floor, candle wax in her hair and I had no ideas on getting it out. Thankfully my friend Mary is a hair dresser and after a tearful phone call I began pouring straight vinegar on her hair and washing vigorously with dish soap. I was pulling chunks of wax from each strand!! After about two more washes that night it was brushable and like straw.
Skip ahead the very next day...Graham and Braxtyn were outdoors playing while I was teaching Noah. And my rose water had run over creating the most glorious mud you've ever seen.. The pictures tell the rest of the story and come to find out... mud helps remove wax from hair... BTW - that was a new dress from Karsyn, not sure if I will be handing the same quality down to sisterLOL!




Our conversation when I found them:

Me - Graham why were you rolling in the mud?

Graham - Wilbur does it and we were being like little pigs!

Braxtyn - Yeah, yike yittle piggys!

Me - Well it looked like fun, but now I have to wash you in the cold pool before you get a warm bath.

Graham - NO!

Me -you will clog my bath if I put you in now

Graham and Braxtyn - Ahhh its so cold I need a warm shower!!

Me - Smiling LOL! Don't worry they had nice hot showers afterwards!

2 comments:

Simpson Family said...

oh.. brook sorry but the mud thing is so funny.

heidi jo said...

looks like you were homeschooling the little ones too.... COLD POOL = LESSON LEARNED! (we hope) :) reminds me of the day i found seth with sidewalk chalk crushed, turned to mud, then put ALL OVER himself and through his hair. like you, i'm so glad i at least had the sense to take pictures. ;) now, UNLIKE you, i didn't have 2 little piggies to clean up, big brother in the house, and one in the oven!!! AAAA! nightmare for you.

if it makes you feel any better, i just found out that the reason i was cleaning up a nasty bathroom after seth's toilet clogged AND OVERFLOWED EVERYWHERE is because he tried to flush a headless spiderman. uh... spidey's out of reach and not yet coming out. still not sure how we're going to free him. sheesh.