...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Steak...

We have a new addition to the ranch...for a while anyways. Noah named him steak and Braxtyn says, " hims name is steak and I'm gonna eat him". I don't know if she gets this whole idea, but she's not too worried about him. On the other hand, she loves her goat Rosie. Everyday she finds her and tries to think of good snacks to bring her. I would say however, that Rosie is Daniel's favorite pet. he actually gets mad at me when I lock her up in her pen. He tells me that the other goats don't let her eat and that she should be roaming free. Ok, but when you have to keep her out of visitor's cars and pull her out of the house when the kids forget to close the door all day, then we'll talk. No, that doesn't bother him, I think he prefers her sitting next to him on the porch rocker! I'll have to try and catch a picture of Daniel playing the guitar on the bench with Rosie cuddled up to him. It's pretty funny, I'll I hear is hillbilly music playing in my head! And some kind of "If you were a red-neck..."!

Anyways, its warming up and things are growing and buzzing around here. Including my huge belly! Cozette is very active these days and I am realizing that rest throughout the day is essential for a comfortable evening. My body is definitely telling me to take it easy. I have a hard time slowing down, by brain doesn't know how or something. Kristi, is constantly telling me to just sit and relax, stop planning, stop always doing. So what do I do? I slow it down during my wake time, so then within a couple of nights my dreams become so vivid and realistic that I am starting a science fiction novel from them! No seriously, I have this entire sci-fi premise for a pretty great book. I don't think I'm talented enough to actually write it, but the story line is quite fun. I think this type of activity will probably lead to some kind of Alzheimer's, I move from one thing to the next in such quick progression that soon I wont be able to put all the pieces together! I think the Lord is working on me to be more one track minded:) I positive that if I could remain as busy with God as I am with life in general, that I might have some things figured out by now!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

You are too cute Brooke!

Amy said...

Hey Brooke, I didn't see you at Bible study, did you make it to the closing brunch? It was so neat to see Laura get baptized! Did I send you the email for Casey's birthday party on the 16th? Do you think you guys can make it?

heidi jo said...

steak... oh my... you really gonna eat steak? i would have a hard time raising a critter for eating. let someone else raise and kill 'em, i'll do the lovin on other ones. :) i'd love to see that picture of daniel on the porch though!

Aunt Diane said...

That's OK I had a calf named Lunch and she was very tastie. I haven't bought meat in the store in years. Thank God for cousins who raise cattle. As for the writting go for it. Your Grandma Jene in high school wrote for the paper in Greeley. I have even down loaded the articles. I am working on a novel about my funny encounters as a RN. I also wrote on the Moon Valley paper and the long gone Phx Gazete. So Sweatheart you may have the genes. I hope they get a cure for Altheimer's because I hope we did not get the gene from mom.