...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gardening





I know I need to post the remainder of our Easter pictures, but today was a fun day of gardening and I wanted to post them. My mom came over and we attacked the grass and weeds taking over. I of course have not the energy or strength to really keep it up, so my little plants were lost! It looks much better now and I will plant the rest of the okra, watermelon and pumpkins this weekend. Or should I say, Daniel will. We also have to clean up the corn. The Sunflowers are as big as Graham!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Is there such a thing as garden envy? Well, I have it!!!!

heidi jo said...

there is something so uuummm... beautiful, primal, earthy, roots-connected, like the depths of who we are, about gardening... i'm no great gardener but i admire yours so much. how inredible.

Don Z said...

Planting okra would never occur to me, Bury it maybe. The rest sounds great. Papa

Ray and Janell said...

okra is awesome! of course, i love every vegetable in creation so i guess i am not the one to ask. but don, man you have not lived until you've had fried okra, brussel sprouts and zuchinni ... along side a 20 oz. kansas corn-fed ribeye.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

I don't know about fried brussel sprouts, but I fry okra with anything! We love it! And speaking of Ribeye, I'm raising one out back! Hopefully he'll be just as good:)