...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Rosie

It's funny when things are crazy and you're waiting for God to do something big; how you notice the littlest things. It seems that God's work in my life and His subtle answers to my small insignificant prayers become largely magnified to my senses. I wonder how many things I miss when I'm not open to His miracles... So this particular little answer is quite insignificant and kind of funny, but really lifted my spirits and the kids!

Last week my aunt in Prescott said she had baby goats and they needed a home, I of course was interested only if I could raise one and bottle feed it so it was super friendly. I know, what am I thinking? I will have a baby to bottle feed in no time, who we hope is super friendly LOL!! So I of course declined. Well Tuesday afternoon as the kids and I were driving home our neighbors where waiting at our gate with a goat. She was little, and very friendly and they assumed she was ours. She wasn't, but I took her in because I didn't want her to be somethings dinner. That night we laughed at this little goat's antics, she was always running into the house and we had to drag her out, she wanted to drink out of Braxtyn's sippy cup and she got out of every animal pen we have. She ended up pulling the blanket off the chair and sleeping cuddled up at our front door. Anytime we left her she would cry for us until we came outside. We named her Rosy and quickly realized she must be someones very special pet. I told the kids we needed to put up a FOUND poster so her owner would not be worried. Two days ticked by, no one wanted to see if Rosy had a home. This was the little goat I had wanted and the kids were so attached that when Graham yelled at her for eating my roses, Braxtyn scolded him saying" Don't yell at her Graham, I love her!".

Today is Friday, and on our way to the birthday party we were going to put up a FOUND sign...

My neighbor, Mr. Gary called and said he saw the MISSING sign for a little red goat. Well, I'd held off for long enough, it was time to find Rosy's owner and give her back. I called the number and a very nice lady answered, she was very surprised we had her and she was safe, I told her we loved her and the kids were attached and we were going to put up a FOUND sign tonight. We knew she must have had a wonderful home because she was so nice. The Lady's name was Tammy, she told me Rosy's real owner's didn't want her anymore, they were moving and she was adopting her and going to build her a pen. She wanted to come and see her, but she knew that Rosy would be happier with us at the Suchawee Ranch. She had seen our place and new Rosy needed kids to play with and other goats. So she wanted us to adopt Rosy. I know it's just a goat, but it was that little answer to a whim, a want, not even a prayer, just a passing desire....that God answered out of nowhere. God loves us to the tiniest details of our hearts.

So know when you come to visit you may want to jump out of your car quickly so Rosy doesn't jump in, run to our front door and slam it quick so she doesn't run through the house, and don't walk around with food or drink or she'll jump on you like a dog! What a menace, right? Don't ask me why these thing make me laugh and bring me joy but I heard a saying once. "The outside of an animal is good for the inside of a child". Its good for my inner child too!

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

i'm completely with you on the goodness of animals for the child within a person of any age! :) i think i would fall in love with rosie fast and seth would want a goat of our own. maybe someday. it is really precious how the Lord brought Rosie to you just when she really needed her own family. saaaweeeT!

Don Z said...

Mom had a "rosie" a while back. It would run free and sit in a wooden rocker and rock the day away on the front porch. She was really fun. She was pretty smart too. She would playfully (painfully if you were not watching) butt everyone and if you got mad and yelled at her she would jump onto the top of you car! How she knew which care was yours, I'll never know. She never jumped on mine, but I never yelled at her either. were it not for the fact that she liked to climb on Jimmys new Camaro she might still be around. Jim and I disagree on how funny that was.

Doni Brinkman said...

I was just going to post a note about Molly and noticed that Dad beat me to it. Jim still does NOT think that was funny. ;)