...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why girls are different than boys...


The differences are amazing when I look at my two boys and how they play and then I see Braxtyn trying to keep up with them outside in her high heels, trying to keep her purse on her shoulder. You would think that Braxtyn being raised with two older brothers surrounded by animals and dirt, that she would be such a tomboy! Don't get me wrong, She has her moments of mud slinging and dirt lobing, rock throwing and chasing animals down. However, she is pretty concerned about what she will be wearing during those times. Every morning is a battle of fashion. She only wants to wear dresses, not just any dress, the dress must fit certain criteria. 1. Is it beautiful? 2. Does it fit just right 3. And does it twirl. Once we have gone through a few of her favorites and have picked one out, she then must match with the right shoes. It all depends on her mood. Normally it is bright pink cowboy boots, sparkly flip flops or plastic princess high heels. Naturally she must find the appropriate hair style, down, ponytail or braid? Yes, to answer the question. She can take longer than me to get ready. If we have to go anywhere it is a battle of the wills to complete this process by ME winning the final outcome and pushing it along.

I think my boys are particular about their shoes and jeans. Graham must wear dark wrangler jeans and boots, Noah is particular about the length of his jeans and loves his Velcro shoes. However, this is nothing in comparison to what my little girl goes through in a day. The boys have always been happy to stay in the same outfit for the day, even the next two days if I let them! Braxtyn is changing about 5 times per day and then proceeds to do spins for each of us and declares how pretty she must look!! Did I tell anyone how many time her family tells her she's pretty:)

Now she has finally decided to go potty on the potty seat, she tells me diapers are for Cozette and she's bigger now. So we'll see. We have had three days of 0 accidents! So we went to Walmart to buy new underwear, princess of course. I wasn't surprised when she had worn three pair from the time we got home until bedtime. There was nothing wrong with them, just needed to try them all on. I just think these differences are so funny that I probably indulge in them way to much. I guess my mom did too, I used to go to my friends houses with bright blue shadow and red lipstick and I remember breaking dozens of plastic high heel shoes outside on the rocky dirt. And hey, I'm ok:)

What fun are the joys of little girls and little boys. I can't help but wonder how another little girl will change the dynamic of my little threesome. It will be an adventure I'm sure of that!

1 comment:

Ray and Janell said...

please come see us ... we miss you very much.