...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, April 20, 2009

April update

The kids are over the flu, not the stomach flu but influenza type A. Yuck! We were quarantined for about 2 weeks. We did enjoy a quiet Easter and actually got to leave the house go to Orme Dugas. I'll post pictures soon.
Daniel and I have been very busy waiting on God and trying to complete anything we can, to keep things afloat in the business world.
Home life is, as always a bit crazy and busy. My garden is growing, weeds and all! I'm hoping for produce before the heat really makes it hard. But everything is green and looks good. I do have a patch of lettuce ripe for one salad, yah, should've planted more of that:). We adopted the new goat but lost one duck. I had a feeling he was the culprit for my egg production going down. And as soon as he was removed from the chicken coop I got about 13 eggs, two days later. He went to live with the goats, unfortunately for him, that was short lived. It still remains a mystery as to his disappearance. That of course was not my intention, I had planned to get him a girlfriend so he'd leave the chickens alone.
I have been working on getting all of my 1st grade curriculum together for Noah and pre-school fun stuff for Graham. I have found some cowboy workbooks and he is excited for that.

Cozette is making life a bit more difficult, she insists on growing big enough to come out. I'm quite content to stay in my second trimester, it was pretty uneventful and I had lots of energy. The third trimester has snuck up on me and now with about 8 weeks to go, she is determined to let me know she's here and ready to start soccer as soon as she's delivered! Actually, I can't wait to hold her and get to know her better.

Noah was excited about 1st grade and now he's complaining about the amount of school work he has:), he's such a smarty pants I don't think it'll take him long to get into the groove of things. He loves sports and riding his bike. No new injury's thankfully!

Graham has no interest in organized school ,but loves to ask questions and learn about everything. I'm just trying to harness that big brain around some numbers and letters. He just learned to ride his bike with no training wheels this weekend. He is thrilled to keep up with Noah! We cut his hair short tonight. It was His request and he loves it, it was very hard for Daniel and I but he was determined to have us shave it off. We compromised a bit!

Braxtyn's favorite thing to do is dress up. She wears about 5-6 outfits per day and pairs it with as many accessories as possible. I caught her painting her own nails the other day! She has decided that she doesn't really like playing games with the boys so she has been hanging out with me a lot. That's the fun part about having a girl! She's begging to get her ears pierced so she can wear earrings like me. I think we'll wait on that! She's about as good with pain as I am:). She has become my little encourager and my little destructo. One minute she's praising us for some accomplishment she thinks is worthy and the next, she's tearing apart the VCR tapes and rubbing butter across the walls.

Well that is all I can keep up with tonight. I can't wait to read this 5 years from now!

5 comments:

heidi jo said...

what an amazing crazy life you lead. :) your family sounds just beautiful.

Amy said...

Thanks for the update! I've missed you! I think you will enjoy reading this, not just 5 years from now, but 25 years from now! And you'll miss it :-)

Don Z said...

Brooke, you're kiddin right? You didn't really cut Grahms hair. That may be a crime against nature! That is the most beautiful hair ever placed on a boy! Do you realize what you have done? Unlike Sampson, those golden locks kept him little, now he is going to grow up. I understand you had to, at least we have his cowboy picture. I hope you kept at least a curl. I will be fun to see what Graham the man looks like. He was gone for two weeks and will age two years. I hate losing my babies, but at least you had the forethought to make more. Papa

Brooke Zimmermann said...

I know, Graham's hair...I have a feeling we will just let it grow all the way back this summer. he is thrilled about it and he does look older!! But so beautiful:)He thinks he's very cool like this, he looks like Noah and Zane. What can I do?

Aimee said...

I love reading all the updates. I need to get to work on that too:).