...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Where the wild things grow..

First I'm posting some of my favorite pics from Doni...Well they're all my favorite, but these are just too fun!


This saddle was custom made and given to me by my parents when I was graduating high school. It's the only saddle I'll ride in and it fits me perfect, I think it fits my girl perfect too! I am looking forward to Braxtyn and Cozy riding in this saddle when they are bigger. I think I need a good one of Braxtyn in this saddle too, what do you think Doni?
I think a book about my kids should be titled, Where the Wild Things Grow, it may be a little plageristic. Is that a word? Anyways, As I watch them run wild outdoors without shoes, getting muddy, taming cows, riding horses, gathering eggs and running through our tiny house with bandannas for super hero capes....I just smile and think, Just like my parents before me I'm raising another generation of wild things. I hope and pray my little wild ones, are wild about their savior and learn to follow Jesus at an early age. I am constantly trying to raise them with different approaches and softer words, trying to get them to understand Jesus' love through me. And all I can say is that I hope His grace covers my failures as a parent. All I can do is pray for super human strength and patience each morning, and of course arm myself with lassos, scrubbing bubbles, pacifiers, band aids, splinter removers, snacks, and lots of hugs and kisses. My list goes on...
Some funnies:
Noah and Graham's super hero names -
Noah is : Zoom ( he is the fastest at everything)
Graham is : Multi-man (he can do all of it)
Braxtyn: Mommy can you carry me?
Me: Not now, I have to feed the animals, I need both hands. Can't you walk?
Braxtyn: NOooo!
Me: Why not, is something wrong?
Braxtyn: My feelings are hurting!

3 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

ROFL! My feelings are hurting! That is the cutest ever. :)

Aunt Beck said...

Your little "wild things" are absolutely precious and we love them with all our hearts!!!! I love your desire to raise them for the Lord - He knows that desire and I'm thinking that is one that He desires as well...their hearts!

We love you :)

heidi jo said...

isn't she a clever little darling? feelings hurt... so precious.