...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, July 6, 2009

A baby is born


Yes, I realize this is old news! But I have to log this one in on my blog too:) I'm thankful Doni is so up to date, otherwise she would be practically unannounced! She is such a good baby, she is very content and a good sleeper. She loves noise, thankfully and her brothers and sister cannot get enough of her. She was born June 16th at 1:25pm. Only five and 1/2 hours after My water was broke by my doctor. Thankfully fours hours of that was spent walking the hospital with Daniel with very little discomfort. However the last hour and 1/2 was the most intense I've ever experienced. I thought I couldn't finish without an epidural, but Daniel encouraged me to keep going and it was a good thing because about that time Cozette came out within five minutes! I had to yell "she's coming out!" about three times so loudly that six people and my doctor who had been walking down the hall for a c-section heard me and came running in time to literally catch her on the bed! It was so amazing to have her that quickly and a very emotional experience for Daniel and I. I'm thankful I had her naturally and I wish I had done it that way for the others too. We spent only a day and half in the hospital and came home to relax before the other kids came home from my parents.
Our house is full and the kids are so happy to have her home, So are we.

6 comments:

Ray and Janell said...

she is so beautiful!

Trish said...

Congratulations to you and your family Brooke. She is such a beauty! I wish you many blessings.
Love,
Trish

Aunt Beck said...

She is sooooo precious and we thank the Lord with you on her wonderful delivery!!! Yeah us :) Another baby to hold and love!

Lovin' you,

Aunt Beck

Amy said...

So cute! I love that picture! How are things going? Do you have a meals list going around? I'd love to bring you guys one!

Todd and Kathy said...

Congrats from the Smith family. I didn't expect anything less than beautiful! I love it when I'm right.

Aunt Diane said...

I so wish I could be there to hold not only her but all of you.