...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

bountiful harvest







Since I finally have my camera I took some pictures of my recent harvest. I have been so pleased with our food. I wish now that I had grown about three more plots of it so I could can and freeze it for the rest of the year. This next winter I am planning on it! It has also helped my kids eat their vegetables. They have worked so hard on this with me that they are eating the zucchini, tomatoes and corn like little pros! I'm even eating fresh sliced tomatoes, I would have never done that before:) My green beans and okra are sprouting up so I'm hoping in the next few weeks we will have that to add as well and of course some yummy watermelon!


Daniel and I have a really hard time growing things around our porch, the animals pretty much eat everything and now with Rosie we have no chance! We found these awesome metal flowers and cactus in Cave Creek yesterday. Daniel is going to try and make some more so we can have a year round garden around the house, it saves a lot of watering too!

You can see below I mostly have fake flowers in the pots, the metal flowers look so much neater, like artwork instead.


3 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Wow!! Looks delicious!

Your pregnancy pictures are beautiful! Doni took mine today and she is so good! She is truly gifted--you are lucky to have her for a sister!!! She is a blessing to be around!! I'll be thinking of you in the days to come and will be praying for a safe delivery!!

mikeanddebbie said...

Yes, Brooke, we are having another boy--Luke David. I can only imagine how ready you must be for Cozy to arrive! I feel very much the same way and I'm only 35 weeks! I'm very ready to meet my baby!! I'll be excited to hear of Cozy's arrival and look forward to seeing pictures of her!!

heidi jo said...

i want to be just like you when i grow up. i'm so proud of your garden for you! :)

LOVE the metal artsy flowers - WAY cool. i would copy you if i was still in the desert.