...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, June 8, 2009

39 weeks and counting...

I've done my best to induce this labor, but it seems she's sticking it out. I've been in gradual labor for a while, lots of contractions even for hours at a time and then they just stop. That part is tiring and makes me a bit irritable. I see my doctor tomorrow so I'm hoping he can tell me if my body is progressing or not...not that it matters, she'll come when she's ready. However, tonight was absolutely incredible. What great weather we've been given the past four days. Since Friday it has been just great. So tonight we grilled ribs and I grilled my homegrown zucchini, boiled my homegrown corn and we sat outside and just enjoyed the scenery around us. What a special time to spend with our children. We went on a walk afterwards trying to get the baby moving, it was futile but relaxing anyways. I'm just trying to take it all in with the three, before we add four! I'm trying to just relax and enjoy this time of waiting. My problem is, I'm not a good waiter... As you can imagine my hands have stayed busy and each room is clean right now, the laundry is mainly caught up and I'm going to start repairing the moses basket. I've spent most for my gift cards and having fun picking out little tiny girly clothes. I even enjoy buying things like bottle scrubbers, pacis, diapers and bath time soaps. I'm actually looking forward to being up at night with just her to feed her and change her. Although exhaustion will win, I am still wanting that time. The boys are soooo anxious, Noah keeps talking to my belly and telling her to come out. Graham and him are going to be such great big brothers. Braxtyn is very excited and although she can't quite verbalize her excitement, she includes Cozette in all the things we have planned for the rest of the year. We have been planning her birthday party and she keeps talking about Cozette being there. I am so upset about not having a camera right now, I can't find it STILL! I know Doni will come to the hospital for some close up shots, but I hate to not catalog things myself too. I am finally reaping some of the hard work that went into my garden and I can't even take any pictures!

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Uh yes - you NEED a camera! Maybe the weather change will help induce her to come out? :)

Brenda B said...

I agree a camera is a must with a newborn. I pray you find yours or you get one as a gift very soon. I'm also praying for a safe delivery! I can't wait to see pictures of her.

Don Z said...

For those watching this page for news of the arrival of Cozy Grace, It may be slow in comming. Graham broke his wrist today while at the Doctors with Brooke. She is as fine as a frazzled 39 weeker can be. Don't panic, this is just a family tradition. If memory serves, Noah broke his leg when Brooke was Pregnant with Braxton.

Aunt Diane said...

I can tell these kids are my relatives!! LOL.