...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, June 1, 2009

Sticthes...

Braxtyn is following in Noah's footsteps...yikes, those two are reckless little players! They just go for it when having fun and don't look back! Last week I dropped the kids off with Jennah while I headed to my Dr. appt., As soon as arrived Daniel, who was supposed to be meeting there called and told me they were headed to Mendy's Place Urgent care. I quickly re-scheduled my appt. and drove like a madwoman to the hospital, Braxtyn needed stitches in her chin. She had been laying in the hammock near Jennah and the boys and she just flipped over, getting her shoes caught in the netting and it just slammed her little face against the concrete. Poor Baby! When I got to the hospital we were treated by one of the very sweet nurses who took care of Noah when he broke his leg. And she was great with Braxtyn. Unlike Noah, Braxtyn was not taking this very well and the Dr. ended up having to burrito wrap her on the table during 7 stitches on the bottom of her chin. As she was wrapped up that way she screamed the entire time. It was very traumatic and she was not going to give up and relax at any point. At some point near the end she just started yelling angrily to them to get off her, and leaver her alone and then told them she didn't like them!! As soon as they were done and she was freed from her wrap she immediately calmed down and was very pleasant to everyone.. moral of the story Do NOT TIE THIS GIRL DOWN! I've known that since she was a baby, I'm like that and so is my mom so its no surprise that when she was an infant she'd scream in her car seat while being strapped in. I tried to get some pictures of this little wound, but camera is missing!! (does anyone have it??)
Anyways, that was Tuesday and by Friday we went to have them removed, she did better that time, they didn't wrap her! They did glue it shut just in case and good thing because Saturday night she hit her shin and it opened a bit and bled everywhere! By last night it looks re-sealed though. Whew! I did not want to revisit more stitches...

3 comments:

Brenda B said...

Goodness! Poor girl! I pray she heals quickly!

heidi jo said...

i'm with you - HATE being tied down! poooor baby!

Aunt Diane said...

She has our genes.... We all were just as wild. I even had a motorcycle wreck at 19 messing up my leg big time.
Give her a big hug and kisses from Uncle Bob and me.