...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Mornings


Oh how I love Saturdays. When I was little we used to wake up to loud country music and the smell of bacon and coffee. Much to early for my taste, but I still love to hear Waylen Jennings or Alabama playing on the radio it really brings me back to mornings at home. So now, although not so early our Saturday mornings are pretty similar. I usually play country music, even a little Marty Robbins and cook a hearty breakfast. We all go outside to feed the animals and work around the yard. I know when I was a teenager, I began to rebel against the Saturday rituals and wanted to sleep in and be gone with all my friends, but now that I have children I really enjoy it again. I hope that my kids treasure this family time and the fun in working outside and having the privilege of animals, gardens, building forts and climbing trees.

Last night my parents came over and the boys were showing us their fort they made in the back of the property. They have been working on it for a couple of days now and spent most the day Thursday with Daniel, Josh and Micah Main out there. When we walked up to the fort it had a large wooden sign that read

NO Girlz Enter! It also had their initials on it. Then on the side of the fort it had this picture of a large dinosaur with small princesses in each dino hand. I was told each princess represented Braxtyn and Rachel. Braxtyn was out there with me and promptly;y stomped over to one of the signs and tore it out of the ground. She then walked up to the fort and crawled in. (Reminds me of my childhood)


The fort that Grandpa built!

4 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

WHAT? I was unaware of this sign! That is too funny! Now that I think about it, Daniel told me something about making their fort a "No Girls Allowed" one, like the Berenstein Bears book, but they acutally made a sign? I hope you saved it--I would love to see it!!

mikeanddebbie said...

Oh, and that explains why Noah wanted the marker!! :)

Brooke Zimmermann said...

I'll try to take pictures of it, it is sooo Cute!

Amy said...

I want to be part of your family! I love family traditions like that. It's hard for us to have routine weekend traditions like that with Tripp's schedule.

We need to plan a get together where Ryan can join us! He was so bummed he missed out on a visit to your ranch! We'd love to have you guys come down for a visit soon. Then Ryan's spring break starts on Thursday March 25th when he gets out of school at 11am. Let me know what you think.