...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

How to Forgive When You Don't Feel Like It - from Doni's blog.

This book is one my SIL told me about. I will probably buy it after reading this list. So I copied this from her blog to share with myself on days I need it!

“How to Forgive When You Don’t Feel Like It” by June Hunt

I thought I’d share this list with you because several people have asked me for a copy of it. If it resonates as truth in your heart as well, you may want to invest in the book.

* Forgiveness can take place with only one person; reconciliation requires the involvement of at least two persons.

* Forgiveness is directed one way; reconciliation is reciprocal, occurring two ways.

* Forgiveness is a decision to release the person who harmed you; reconciliation is the effort to rejoin the person who harmed you.

* Forgiveness involves a change in thinking about the offender; reconciliation involves a change in behavior by the offender.

* Forgiveness is a free gift to the one who has broken trust; reconciliation is a restored relationship based on restored trust.

* Forgiveness is extended even if it is never earned; reconciliation is offered to the offender because it has been earned.

* Forgiveness is unconditional regardless of a lack of repentance; reconciliation is conditional based on repentance.

(Page 122)

I also love the picture that the book The Shack (by William P. Young) puts on this topic. I would quote from it, but out of context with the story, you wouldn’t get the full of scope of such powerful words. Refer to pages 224 to 226.

1 comment:

Luma said...

I like this Brooke!