...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Managing my home part 2

Ok, so a few hints for scheduling..
1. Babies don't schedule very well and expect them to mess up your schedule about every 1/2 hour
2. If you plan to get up early to have "you " time, go to bed at a decent hour. A sleepy mommy is a crabby mommy!
3. Allow yourself and your kids some down time and be FLEXIBLE for your own sanity.
4. Limit your computer and phone time, it seems those two things change my day schedule worse than any other, I have to turn off my phone for school time.
5. Allow for a morning snack to re-charge everyone!
I think my main schedule has stayed the same, but I find myself tweaking it to make it more realistic.
I have been expecting a set-back and today was one of them. Due to my lack of energy and Braxtyn's cold we are loosely following it. However, in light of what the day could be, we still finished school and are ready to run errands.

UPDATE: The garden is planted! I am hoping for more rain this weekend and a a great corn drop this year. Daniel dig trenched for me that will allow for irrigation type watering that will conserve water and keep the corn moist. We did the same type of thing for the cucumbers, melons and squash. Tomatoes, peas and potatoes are growing slowly but steady. This morning we ate fresh eggs and sausage from our animals. Can't wait to add fresh veggies to the table!

2 comments:

jolleyzoo said...

Looks like I am way behind in your blog, but I love the idea of your thoughts. Keep them coming.

Aimee said...

Brooke I so admire you! I so appreciate all your ideas. I want to come over and see your garden. When are we doing our family picnic...hint, hint;)