...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer

Summer, it is too hot to do very much but even peering through the heat waves we have found some fun!
The kids are swimming everyday is our little backyard pool, its pretty big with a small filter, just enough water to keep them cool. The library reading program has helped us stay on track with Noah's reading and our last month of first grade! Yeah we are almost done and will have August off! I'm gearing up for schooling all three of them next year....Ahh!
Thursdays we have been frequenting the $2 movies, Cozy is not so good at it but we manage:), our neighbor, Daniel has been hanging out with us and being a big help, as he is 12 and loves to entertain my boys. They all love baseball so this is a great past time at night in the arena.
This week we have our sweet Jacqueline with us. She is also 12yr this year and has been so fun to have over. My kids are fighting over which room she sleeps in. So they are taking turns having her camp out in their rooms. Cozy thinks she is a babysitter that I might leave her with so she has yet to let me leave the room and just play with her. LOL!
Today, we went bowling. Noah has be dying to bowl and we had free bowling coupons for the kids, so we headed out. I ended up taking our neighbor Daniel, Jackie and all of my kiddos. We had a great time, 12 year olds are awesome! I can't believe how quickly we got loaded and unloaded from the car and how easily we managed to bowl for almost two hours and everyone was entertained! I barely beat them at bowling but had to hold my own or the boys would have never let me live it down. I can't say I'm a pro, maybe you could even say I'm terrible... 78points with the bumpers up....ok ya, I'm painfully bad, BUT I won and that's what mattered today!
Tomorrow its back to the movies and Friday we will go the library. Lots of laundry, major groceries to feed everyone, but all in all we are staying cool.

Last weekend we escaped to the woods for a camping trip. I can't say it was relaxing, but the kids had such a great time. The memories were worth every exhausted part of me. We got to spend part of the time with the Main's and the other part with the Simpsons. I know we will do it again even if it means we don't sleep and we work all day:) The cold nights are so worth it. ..
I finished Cozette's baby book and I'm very proud to say that my fourth child will have a memory book to call her own! That has a lot to do with a certain SIL of mine:)

Our garden is still thriving, we have squash and zucchinis coming out of our ears, speaking of ears the corn did not do so well this year. The cucumbers, melons and tomatoes are looking beautiful and my okra is coming back from the bunny attack. I'm going to try to plant some pumpkins this week, we'll see the Bermuda grass is trying to take over. I should just give in next year and make that the backyard it will at least have grass in it.

The summer days have been long and full this year, we are not through it all yet and I expect there to be much more to come in the next couple of months. But as I'm learning to take each day and just let it happen, God is working things out in me... so I don't have to try so hard. Enjoying life is so much easier when I release my semblance of what I though I controlled. Ha! We'll see if I remember these sentiments tomorrow:)

1 comment:

songgirl52 said...

Sounds busy Brooke! 12 year olds are wonderfully helpful....I almost forget what its like to have little munchkins under foot. With Noah the youngest at 8 it is quickly fading...:(

Cherish these moments as they fly by all to soon. Glad you were able to spend time with friends this weekend.