...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Love Letter


Dear Noah, Graham, Braxtyn and Cozette,

I want you to know that I love you. Beyond anything else, I love you. You are each special gifts to me. I love to watch you grow and play and learn each day. Your smiles make me smile and your tears make me sad. I want you to always be full of joy, but I know there will be days, I cannot make that happen. There will be days when you choose your own path and I will have to stand back and watch you fall, on those days I will be waiting to hold you and comfort you. And I know that there will be some days that although you have done all that you could right and good, and that someone or something will stand in your way and hurt you. That day, I will share in your sorrow. When this world is unfair to you, I will be fair to you. And I will always be here to hold you and comfort you. I pray that all of your days will be filled with joy and love, but that you understand why you are joyful and why you are loving. In this life, you will sometimes wonder where you will live; but you will always have shelter. You will sometimes wonder what your having for dinner; but you will never go hungry. You will even wonder how you might make it to another day; but you will have the strength. You will wonder how you got into the place you are in, whether it be beyond your wildest dreams or a shattered one; but know that in this place you are loved and I will always welcome you. I will always be the one who brings you comfort and hope. Living daily in my love will always bring you peace. My love for you is greater than anything I have ever created and I take great care of all of my creations. You are my blessed children.
Love,
Dad


Can God love me, even more than I love my children...

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Daniel thank you for posting this. This week I have spent a lot of time staring at Karsyn, Ryker,and Cooper with my heart pouring out these same things. Thank you for the reminder that God loves me and my kids so much more than I could love them. It has been a long week and I needed a little cry this morning :). I love you very much and am praying for you and Brooke.

mikeanddebbie said...

Love this letter, love the Old Man and His Horse story and love all of you!!!!

Aimee said...

I agree with Jodi. When we are at our weakest, He is at His strongest. Love you guys.

shannondale said...

Daniel this is such a heart melting letter! i cried as i read it. You and Brooke have such a great family. God has blessed you so much Thank you for posting this for the rest of us to read

Trish said...

What a beautiful letter to your children! It really helped remind me of the way that God feels about me, which I so needed today! It also reminded me that I need to focus on my wonderful life instead of my difficult circumstances. Thank you!

Ray and Janell said...

Love the letter in the post! However, I have one silly question. When was this photo taken? The kids are wearing hoodies and jackets! You live in Arizona and the post date is July 30! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! How in the world could these cute kids need jackets in Arizona (ever) let alone in the summertime? Of course, we can remember the summer Daniel spent with us in Kansas. Crazy man wore jeans and a flannel shirt all summer long -- even has a t-shirt under the flannel shirt! It was 100 degrees that summer and the humidity was like 95 percent.