...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mermaid cake


You can not have an under the sea mermaid swim party, without a mermaid cake! I searched the internet for the perfect cake and came across this beauty at www.familyfun.com. She is two cake mixes and about three cans of frosting. I am normally pretty particular about making homemade cakes and frosting but when this challenge came about, the gloves came off and I had to let Betty Crocker handle that part. It took me about 3 1/2 hours to complete but it was well worth Braxtyn's reaction.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Brooke you are amazing! Such a cool mom. Oh and the peach rings were my favorite part:).

Jodi said...

It was a beautiful cake, and it tasted yummy too!! Pretty cakes don't normally taste that good, so weel done :). I will get you the rest of Braxtyn's bday pics later in the week. Love you.

mikeanddebbie said...

Beautiful cake!!! Wow!

Amy said...

I am beyond impressed! Seriously, you should be proud of that cake! I wish I had seen Braxtyn's reaction! BTW, Emily keeps asking when Braxtyn can come back over to play...

RachelM said...

oh my gosh Giadas birthday is next month and i might have to steal this idea:)