...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Payson Rodeo






I just thought my blog posting should match everyone else.. Last weekend I headed up to the Payson rodeo for four performances and one parade. It was a marathon weekend on so many levels.
1. I felt like I had run a marathon when I got back, I could barely move. From riding as fast and hard as we possibly could around the arena, to holding the huge flags up with my arm as I rode as fast and hard as I could, to carrying water buckets and large flakes of hay across the rodeo grounds...I had a workout. And whatever I didn't work off, I sweated of..95degree and humidity is not very nice.
2. Our schedule was from sunrise to about midnight each day, due to Parade, 2 rodeo performances and a rodeo dance all in one day and the other two days included driving.
3. The torrential downpour that tried to wash the rodeo away and thanks to good ol' rodeo rules..a rodeo is NEVER canceled. So we enjoyed playing in the mud for two days!

Why??? Might you ask, do I do this to myself?
I LOVE IT!
I love the horses, the riding, the crowds, the camaraderie, and it's my way of hitting the gym!
My entire family came up Friday night and Graham and Zane did some mutton bustin, they were awesome! Another belt buckle for Graham! That kids gonna have more than me!
He is a boy after my own heart:)

Trying to get through this week without Daniel, no fun. I'm taking the kids camping with our church but I'm dreading doing all the packing on my own. Noah was so cute this morning, I told him I was getting up at 6:30 am to clean out stalls and clean out the camp trailer. So he of course woke up and quietly joined me to help. He such a thoughtful boy.

I shaved the boys heads! Their long hair was driving me crazy and it was so hot, they look much younger and I love seeing there beautiful eyes. They like it too, they don't have to fix it in the mornings.

1 comment:

mikeanddebbie said...

Love the bottom picture of you!! Have a great weekend!!!