...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life

I'm finding it hard as of late to throw out my usual casual greeting of "hello how are you?" for fear that they may throw it back my way... "I'm good" hmm.. does it count as lying if you answer a casual greeting with an untruthful answer? I don't know, I don't have the energy to answer a casual greeting let alone give the actual answer.

Theme song for the week... One of my favorite bands in high school and I still fondly think upon them...It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

(It's time I had some time alone)

Ok, a little dramatic since the song speaks of the literal end of the world, but when yours comes to a crashing halt , you may feel a bit dramatic as well. You can let me know... But hopefully yours will stay intact, although I have to say its not as bad as I thought. So you might want to try it because there is a certain amount of clarity when all you cling too is pulled from your sweating fingers. I shouldn't say ALL I cling too, thankfully God has spared me some, if not all that is truly important ... Try and keep up, all I'm saying is that when presented with a choice to lose it or leave it and God asks you to do just that, its just easier to leave it. Don't look back Lot's wife...just turn and head the other way.

So as my hands are now open but still a little slick from the sweat, I can begin to grasp what life can look like when your living daily. Like really, Daily...not sure what will happen tomorrow. I'm not very good at it, I think I've lost a few pounds ( not complaining), but its not pleasant.

It is not the end it is the beginning and as beginnings go, this one is like day 8, after creation. No real printed directions.

I keep hearing things like it will get better, God has great things for you..honestly He has already given us great and miraculous things, I'm just waiting for the "rescued out of Egypt Israelite" mentality to shake out of me and open my eyes to the daily quail and manna that I have.

So, if I don't answer with "good" just smile and wave or even look the other way and walk quickly away.

3 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

In light of your last line, your sister had guts tonight when she asked her brother to put you on the phone so I could ask you that question and hear your answer myself. :) XXXOOO

Brooke Zimmermann said...

thankfully you had lots of time!

mikeanddebbie said...

Your situation lays heavily on our hearts. We are praying for you and are trusting that the Lord will reveal Himself to you daily. Hope we can get together Saturday!!