...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Beautiful catch - third trip to the ER


My poor baby girl. She went fishing with her dad and brothers and Noah caught her instead. He felt so terrible! The hook was truly through her little face and we could not get it out ourselves. So, yes we headed to the ER! She was so brave and calm during the whole process. They had to give her numbing medication, that was the part that hurt. But once she couldn't feel anything she allowed me to hold her head and the Dr. to push it back through her skin and then clip the hook part and then pull it out. It made my stomach hurt watching it that close but I had to keep a smile on my face. She was listening to Taylor Swift on the Ipod and watching Disney channel and just laid there. I was so proud of her. They gave her antibiotics and a bandage. Unbelievably, she has no scar!
(I was out to dinner with a friend and when we got home to take her to the ER, she was this calm sitting on the couch telling me what happened)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe how calm she was! What a brave girl you have there. She'll have a funny story to tell!

Aunt Beck said...

One thing about it Brooke - your kids play hard and are always busy doing something, so sometimes accidents happen. But how precious that she got to fish with her Daddy and big brothers! They are all so precious and it is hard watching our children in pain (even when it is for their ultimate "good!") Love you all so much and miss you like crazy!!! Aunt Beck

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, so glad she was calm and that it wasn't worse than it looked. Beyond that it must be nice to know all the nurses and doctors at the ER by now. LOL :) Gotta love those crazy, busy, active kids that we all have.

mikeanddebbie said...

Aww, what a precious little punkin'! Poor baby. I'm thankful she was so brave--such a big girl! :) Give her a kiss for me!!