...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, December 29, 2008

A death at Suchawee Ranch






We have suffered a terrible loss this weekend. Our horse Jake, died suddenly on Saturday. The cause is unknown, other than he had total kidney failure at the end, even with as much intervention as we could possibly give him. After pumping his stomach, an IV and lots of warm saline..he just couldn't make it. The vet thinks it might have been cancer and he just never let on until his final hours. He was such a great horse and the kids loved him. I have been so sad and poor Arlo, has been crying for two days, pacing his stall looking for Jake. He has all our neighbors feeling sorry for him too. I love animals, but honestly horses for me; are friends, so it is hard to lose one. we will miss him. After we did what we could, this is how we spent the day. My parents came over and my neighbors came and sat with us periodically. He will truly be missed at Suchawee Ranch.
In Loving Memory
Jake
3/10/90-12/27/08
Many Thanks to Dr. Tryon

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

I completely get the 'friend' idea... oh I feel the same about them! This one really got me in the gut. I can only imagine how awful this must be for you guys. I'm so sorry. I hope the new year brings fresh hope even about your animals. I'm so sorry.

Aunt Beck said...

We are sad for you too! Death is so hard to grasp, especially for our children. It does teach us something very meaningful however...how very precious LIFE is and that we need to treasure the moments we are given.

Praying for comfort through your loss,

Aunt Beck

Trish said...

Brooke,
I am so happy to hear that you will be having a baby girl!!!! I can't wait to meet her. I am so sorry to hear about the demise of your horse. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Love, Trish