...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cold water, dirty water, hot water....ugh

Two cups of water spilled at dinner, I should have known not to get too upset...it's just water. I mopped it up and cleaned the kitchen, sent the boys to two different bathrooms to potty and then shower.... AND then more water, but this time, yep you guessed it, dirty water! Too much toilet paper + too many flushes= one toilet to over flow and the other to plug up. WHAT?! I gather the mop, the bucket, the bleach to begin the cleaning and sanitizing and as I walk into the laundry room for the plunger.....It was hot, not hot summer day hot, but like something overheated hot. Oh no....hot water pouring out of the hot water heater! Scrambling Daniel and I try to get everyone showered with the remaining hot water and began a long evening of mopping, sweeping and cold showers. Ugh... On the bright side my bathroom floors and rugs are bleached clean and the laundry room needed a god cleaning out anyways. Daniel and I and kids traveled all over town getting a new hot water heater, parts ect... I am hoping for hot water tonight!

In short, I will try to take a simple spill at the dinner table as, no big deal!

2 comments:

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, when it rains it pours...LOL

Love the typo that it needed a "God Cleaning Out" LOL That works too! :)

Aimee said...

Oh I feel your pain! The kids overflowed the toilet a few weeks ago and we didn't realize it leaked through the wall into the family room. Now our wood floors are bubbling up!!!!