...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cowgirl Bust'in some Mutton


Braxtyn, she is one of my favorite girls in the whole world. I have a long list, but for some reason this picture just reminds me of why I love her.


She was the last to ride out of all the 4yr. olds, about 15 of them. She watched them ride, get stomped on, cry and chicken out. But she waited holding her daddy's hand until it was her turn. She told me in the car, that she wasn't sure she was going to do it. I told her just to let me know whichever she decided and that was OK.


Braxtyn: Mom, I'm going to ride that sheep.


Me: OK, if you want to you can.


Braxtyn: I don't know. I like sheep, they are cute, but they're a little bitey.


Me: I've never had a sheep bite me or seen one even try.


Braxtyn: OK, I'm going to do it. You can pay for me.


So, we paid. And Daniel and I had our suspicions that if our little girl had a hard time walking down the aisle as a flower girl, she might not want to climb in a chute, climb on a huge sheep and ride. We were wrong. Something happens to my little princess when the dress comes off and the boots and jeans go on. She won 4th place and got stomped on the knee, but walked away with a big purple ribbon and matching knee. The rodeo queen carried her out of the arena and that was a highlight for her. This picture was actually taken by that very rodeo queen and sent to us.


So far she wants to be a rodeo queen, trick rider, and drill team rider; a ballerina, a movie maker and a puppy seller. She has much to accomplish and I know that my little determined girl, will do anything she sets her mind to it.


A quote to leave with you:


Braxtyn: I work everyday because I need to what I need to do.

3 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

What a GREAT picture!!! I LOVE it!! She is a special girl, indeed!!!

songgirl52 said...

So adorable.... :) Funny how some things seem daunting...like walking down an aisle of family for a wedding but the fears can be pushed aside and dealt with to get on a live animal. LOL

We all need to wake up to do what we need to do....wise words indeed. :)

How are you feeling? The boys have a trackmeet this Saturday so I am not sure I can come....bummed, but they grow up wayyyyyy to fast and I feel like we blink and they are in high school. Don't want to miss their "moments" :)

Doni Brinkman said...

I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!! She is so funny. Way to cowgirl up my little niece.