...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Needy


So...in my head when I prepare for a new baby, I get this "NEED" thing that happens. It just takes me over. I need to paint, sew, clean, decorate and buy things the baby and I must have...Daniel is used to this neurotic side of me during pregnancy. He attempts to pacify me with a trip to Babie's R Us to look or buy one special thing for the new baby. Unfortunately it only tempts me more. With baby #1, this emotional need sometimes referred to as "nesting", was easily quenched. We needed everything. However, baby #5 not so much. I pretty much have everything and "need" nothing. Ho hum. I suppose 5 diaper bags, two bouncy chairs, tons of girl clothes...ect.. should suffice, right? NO! So in my attempt to just look, I have purchased new pacifiers, little white onesies and button shirts that I am currently embellishing, a bottle, 2 new nursing tops, and I have shopped numerous times at Target. Perusing the baby aisle for anything new they might of invented while I wasn't pregnant. Amazingly, they have...I don't feel so badly when I buy one of these new, can't live without items, because I know that eventually Brittany and Michelle will have babies. What kind of sister-in-law would I be if I didn't pass down the "I can't live without collection"?? I know that in my attempt to complain, without whining, you can hear the whining behind the keyboard. I do look forward to the tears and neurotic behavior to go away, but I know I have at least a few more months of it, including the post-partum fun.



Here is a riddle... I sent the kids to turn on channel 8 for Braxtyn, so they could finish school in peace. Now I'm finding peace because they have all taken the liberty to watch Word Girl. Hmmm. Do I bring them back to work on school, or do I take a nap with Cozette and allow the peace to reign???

1 comment:

songgirl52 said...

Allow peace to reign Brooke! :)