...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just another day




Here we go again...I think this is my new normal and I'm actually beginning to like it:0..I mean it. I used to think that at some point, after having five kids, I would fall into this beautiful schedule of sleep, cleanliness, organization, school work, ect.. But I am realizing that this is not the plan. The plan looks a little more like this:

Sleep a little, shower quickly, (but efficiently), fold some laundry, switch some laundry, change some diapers, flush a few toilets before Quinn can fish in them (no one else seems to know how), look for clean jeans and matching socks, hope I don't stick to the floor on the way to make breakfast (but I probably will), yell at the kids to do their chores, give someone cold medicine, wipe a nose, wipe a bottom, yell at the kids to some chores, put someone in time out, find the baby, brush someones teeth, clean up the kitchen, answer a phone call (in 1 minute or less), prepare for school, find the kids and yes, ask them sweetly to finish their chores, type on my blog while listening to how they are fighting ...tell Noah to find the baby, put on make-up and brush my teeth, and finally at 9am start school! (ok, 10am)..



Give or take a few minor details, I have accepted that this is my morning. And I actually think it's funny.