...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brooke's Central Perk

You know, it is really hard to stay in contact with everyone you love. And I'm thankful to say, I love a lot of people. I have made so many great connections and I'm sad to say, there is not enough time in the day to see them, hug them, visit with them and tell them how they impacted me. In my feeble attempts to stay connected, I blog, Facebook, text and barely say two things over the phone before I am totally interrupted. I'm not sure how or change this, it seems like every moment I have is taken to keep life afloat each day and each evening and weekend I'm hoping for the opportunity to have a conversation with the guy I married!

I'm going to start a yahoo group. I can hear you all cringe and think "another group!"....but hear me out and maybe you'll change your mind:)

I'm part of a home school yahoo group. I love it! I get e-mails from everyone all the time and you can read them or delete them. We share tips on how to school, things to sell, mom's night outs, support meeting, recipes and even food co-ops.

AND, here is the big AND..the real reason I'm doing this is "my church". It's not an outreach, it's not a mission. It is a way to try and live church, rather than just going each Sunday. When I read about the church in the book of Acts, it reminds me that that is what church is. And it's a lot less like a Sunday school, or a youth group, or a worship service and a lot more like a community for people sharing love, life, food, thoughts, joy, grief and whatever comes at us each day.

So, in response to my ever-lagging ability to share my life the way I'd like. I'm going to attempt to share my life at least on-line and daily with those I love. So if you want to join the group type in your e-mail on my blog page. Feel free to share whatever is on your mind, sell things, bake things, set up play dates, ect ect... It is limitless.
Just put your e-mail address on the join box and you will then be added to the group. We can try it and see if we like it!

No comments: