...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trying..




Don't you get tired of trying?


Trying to clean the house, catching up on the laundry, planning dinners, teaching school, finding shoes, keeping the toilet clean, matching up socks, determining who hit who first, feeding the masses, cleaning out the car....ARGHHHH!

Yesterday, I was tired of trying.

I cried about it.

I ate chocolate.

I drank 2 Dr. Peppers.

I stayed up late, in a dark, QUIET, living room and watched lots of TV.


And then, I slept at least 6 hours straight. ...

And then I tried to get the baby back to sleep, the two year old out of my bed, finished my 7th load of laundry this week and tried to take a shower by myself..



Today, I'm good. I'm no better at trying. In fact, its shot to you know where.BUT, I had an epiphany for the 100th time!

This is life. It's imperfect, unkept, emotional and blessed.




So today, I'm laughing at the me, from yesterday.


I still cried. But only because I watched a highly emotional You-tube video

I still ate chocolate. But only because I rewarded the kids with candy bars for getting A's on their spelling tests..and well for every word they missed, I got a bite :)..

I drank 1 Dr. pepper today.
And I plan on sitting in my dark quiet living room to watch a few recorded shows.

I will just do it with a smile on my face, rather than my jaw set in total aggravation that I'm a total mess.


Speaking of total mess - Quinn thought it funny to climb in the fireplace and eat the ashes.

2 comments:

jolleyzoo said...

Love it!!

Amy said...

Oh Brooke! I love you! You are seriously my inspiration! Wish we could hang out more! Have you thought about Women in the Word next year?? We could carpool...