...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Grace in my head and elephants on the fence

Friday night Noah was leaving us for a sleep over with Jennah. He was so excited and very hyper that day, so there were little instances of misbehaving and complaining that the day was moving too slow! When we finally got to drop him off, Daniel had his usual talk with the kids. Use your manners, obey the parents, be kind, and if there is somehting that they do, that we don't, stand up for yourself and tell them that your mommy and daddy don't let you do that(not that we were real concerened about it at Aunt Becky's house:)). So Noah looks seriously at Daniel and tells him he will, he just had to keep that Grace in his head. I'm not sure what grace means to Noah, but for sure he is listening to how much Jesus loves him!

Last weekend we were at out neighboors house and Noah was trying to tell a joke, he didnt' know how to give the punch line, he thought if the first line was silly enough that was a good joke. So we didn't get it, but our neighboor decided to teach Noah a real joke so maybe he'd understand punch lines. What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Time to get a new fence! Noah was not really impressed, he thought his joke about cars eating trees was much funnier. Well I guess he will get jokes when he's older....except the next day as Daniel was backing our trailer against our fence, he hit the fence and got the trailer stuck in it. Daniel and Noah were working to untangle the mess and Noah says. "Sometimes its a joke and sometimes its not, right Dad". Daniel ask Noah what he meant and Noah says, "Sometimes its like an elephant really does sit on your fence". After laughing at his best joke yet, we realized Noah gets the punch line just fine! Such a Zimmermann boy!

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

He is sooooo hysterical! I love the way his little mind works and I love how he such a sensitive spirit (just like my beloved brother). The grace in the head thing was adorable and I can picture him saying that.

P.S. Spelling correction "Jenna". Don't feel bad though because I currently have a post up that spells your name Brooke and Brook:). I haven't edited the typo yet LOL.