...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentines Party

We had our annual kids only valentines party February 14th at our house this year. It was a great time and the kids were so good! We missed Karsyn and Tanner and Ty. There were still 8 children and 2 adults. Although we were outnumbered we had a great time. Before, I was mentioning a menu change fortified with hidden vegtibles, well I did it and it worked like a charm! I made macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and about 1/2 the kids liked it, it was homemade and I think it would have gone over better just sneaking the cailiflower into regular Kraft mac and cheese from the box. But they all ate the lowfat yogurt and lemon ice cream sandwiches and best of all they LOVED the chocolate cake filled with beets! It really was amazingly good. Most of all they played together and shared valentines cards they made for each other and we played a great game of "who could pop the baloons that fastest" they were sitting, jumping, rolling and laughing trying to make them pop! It was hysterical! What fun to see all these precious little ones grow up together and have so much fun with each other.

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

I am so sad my boys missed this!!!! You did a great job with the party and it sounded very fun and interesting LOL. Love you.

Aimee said...

Thanks again Brooke, we really appreciated the night out and the kids had a blast!