...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008 - Special Dinner

Last year Daniel and I started a tradition with the kids, to have a special passover dinner Saturday night before Easter. We aren't Jewish and I didn't know how to do a true passover dinner, I decided to make some food that would go along with the Easter story eggs. First we talk about Palm Sunday, then we pray together, then Daniel washed the boys feet, and then we had communion together. We then talked about the Crucifixion and so we ate a cross shaped pizza. Next was how Jesus' body was wrapped in linen, so we ate hot dogs wrapped in bread. And lastly, we learned about the tomb, so we ate turnovers with rocks in them, we call them tomb cakes:) It was a very special dinner and the kids loved it! It was so neat to hear them explaining all the Easter eggs that represented the true story of Easter. Then they got to hunt eggs and get their baskets. Both the boys sweetly told us that this was the best Easter ever!


5 comments:

heidi jo said...

precious... i just love that.

Doni Brinkman said...

I think your kids get even more out of that than a Sader service! I may have to copy next year.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

You are welcome to it! As you can see we love it! And isn't it funny that me of all people isn't playing Easter Bunny??

jolleyzoo said...

I also may have to steasl this idea, how awesome.

Aimee said...

This is just the most precious thing ever, I'm crying while reading your post! We are going to do it next year, didn't have time this year since we were in SD, but I want to adopt this tradition too!!!!