...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, March 17, 2008

graden,spring and a new coop..

Life is crazy and fun at the ranch! Daniel laughs at me when I call our house, "The Ranch". But I like to think of it like that.. Sometimes when I have to get up early and feed animals, it does feel a little like a working ranch. I know why he laughs, mainly because, other than the horses, our "ranch animals" are just our little pets. However, my goats have come in useful to eat the weeds out of my garden. Speaking of gardens, its a very good thing we don't live in the olden days! I can't get anything to grow past a sprout before a ground squirrel, bird or Bunnie eats it!! I had a beautiful patch of lettuce just about ready to eat, and the ground squirrels had it for dinner! This garden has been my project for the past 4 months and I am really getting frustrated! I have worked the ground, mulched, planted and rejoiced in the sprouts popping up everywhere! And then to have my peas, lettuce, carrots and now zucchini eaten is very sad! I haven't given up yet, I'm still trying my best to keep the critters out! I won't tell you how Daniel is going about it!
Spring is happening here and its beautiful, I wish you all would come out for a picnic.. flowers are everywhere and the roses will start blooming this week or next. Normally I would have baby chicks running around but you know that story...so Daniel is busy tearing down the old chicken coop and we are rebuilding a new one, with a built in coyote trap and re-enforced wiring!
See, its kinda like a ranch!!

5 comments:

jolleyzoo said...

sounds like a ranch to me, no laughing here. Fun, fun, fun. So glad to see you posting agin, you know I'm checking.
Don't you just love spring?? I wish it were spring year round. What's the story with baby chicks?? You'll have to let me know.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

You'll have to go back a ways and read about the bobcat attacking and eating all my feathered friends.. it was so sad:(

jolleyzoo said...

oh I'm so sorry I bet that was dramatizing to the kids.

Doni Brinkman said...

Definitely feels like a ranch to me and my boys. :)

Aimee said...

In this day in age Brooke, you officially have a ranch!