...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, March 24, 2008

The new coop - phase 1




The new chicken coop is now the big thing at the Suchawee these days. Daniel has until April to get this thing operational so I can order my spring chicks! He's amazing! We thought we could tear down the old coop to the frame work and add to it to make it sturdy and of course predator proof. Well what we didn't know was that the old coop was probably the original building ever built on this property. So the old wood was unusable. So, to start from scratch, Daniel had to completely demolish the old stuff and buy all new materials. So now we call it the Chicken mansion/guest house because we probably could have built a guest house with the money going into the coop! Oh well, it will be a cute addition to the yard:) Here are a few pictures of the mess and new foundation Daniel is putting in.

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

too cool... i'm totally impressed at the building from scratch idea...those chics will live in luxury for sure. :) can't wait to see it finished!

Doni Brinkman said...

I get the giggles everytime the thought of your coop issues come to mind. So not funny but I can't help it. I just keep imagining all the failed hunting attempts - how utterly embarrassing to be bested by a bobcat...repetatively (LOL - just teasing Daniel!)

Brooke Zimmermann said...

I guess thats why he is so determined to build in a coyote trap with trip wires, steel bars, electricity... no, I'm not joking!
I'm afraid a coyote trap will really mess with my chickens calmness and egg laying!!