...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Something New

Yes, it's time to explore another passion:)

I know I made it clear in an earlier post, that I despise making lunch. That's only because it falls right after cleaning up breakfast and then right before the dinner rush. It's just a pain to come up with lunch ideas...I don't know if this is reasonable, but it's one of those times in the day I wish I had "Alice". What did Mrs. Brady do anyways?

So on the flip side of hating lunch, I actually really like making dinner. I have my usual dinners, spaghetti, tacos, hamburgers, chicken, steak. I have my fall backs, crock pot roasts, lasagna, ect.. But at least once per week I get creative!

Here is tonight's creation: I stole the idea from Rachel Ray, but added my own adjustments.

I grilled pork chops, sauteed red onions, red and green bell pepper in olive oil with garlic and lemon. Steamed rice and made an avocado spread with parsley, lemon and garlic. And a side of sourdough loaf. MMMMMM mmmmmm! It was so good and had tons of flavors and colors. The kids plates looked exactly like this one, and...to my delight, have learned to not scoff at mom's hard work:). They ate what they liked and complimented me on the pretty plates.



It was sort of like an unmixed Chipotle bowl, but better:)






Avocados and red bell peppers go with everything, except ice cream and chocolate.






I love to grill, so although this recipe called for a pork loin cooked in the oven..I bought the cheaper cut of pork with the bone in, grilled it and then cut it into strips.






So tomorrow night, is a little more risky. Grilled Tilapia with toasted almonds and sauteed bok choy. I may not get the same cooperation at the dinner table.... I might have to make something chocolate for afterwards.

No comments: