...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's my passion?

What are you passionate about?

I'd like to think I'm a passionate person. I love trying new things. With each new thing, there sits an old thing that is forgotten..so for the next few weeks we will explore some things we like to do...When I say "we" I mean me...but you should try it too!

This week...I'm passionate about sleep. I have had less sleep this week than any other in my whole life..you think I'm exaggerating, nope. about 4 hours uninterrupted, then constant interruptions from a 2 year old sleeping on the floor, and sick kids coming in and out with sick tummies...
I promise myself a nap and even when presented with a moment, I turn to the laundry pile and my nap is lost amongst the filthy nasty white socks that seem to creep up out of the laundry basket.

So to begin, I must list the things I'm never passionate about: (unless you count passionately hating something, but we are not counting those things..for now)

LAUNDRY
GETTING UP EARLY
DISHES
MAKING LUNCH


My first task is to decide how passionate I am about Gardening.
This house will put it to the test. I live in the city and I want a garden because I supposedly love it. We will see how much I love it, when it is this hard. I don't live in California. So to begin: I'm making it a school project for the kids and using cheap labor from the minors who live with me. Yes, I know, good plan:)
2nd - I have made a list and I am going to attempt container gardening, so I can control the soil. Arizona has terrible soil for veggies after a long Summer.

I always think I love something and for like one whole year I will master it and then, a new love creeps up like sewing, or cake decorating, painting, ect ect.. The problem is I get overwhelmed deciding which thing to do each day and then only do half. So here's to doing one thing good this week.
Oh and the circular stuff I do each day, every day, (laundry, cleaning, feeding people, teaching, yada yada... gets in the way.


So be patient.

My little laborers and I have a plan, it is in writing (3rd grade list making), it is in picture format (Kindergarten art), it has been researched (1st grade computer lab) and so my plan is on the move.
I love having a plan. Hmmm. Am I passionate about plans? These too seem to fall away as a new plan comes up...so we shall see.

Gardening!
Goal 1: Find containers and paint them fun colors
Goal 2: Place them in the yard so it looks cool (Noah's idea)
Goal 3: Plant the seeds
Goal 4: Water it
Goal 5: grow it
Goal 6: Harvest and enjoy yummy organic greens:)

1 comment:

Trish said...

I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing!