...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Home school stuff

It's that time of year when I start thinking about the next school year. We are break for April and I wont get another break until July, so I'm ordering and planning early. Saxon has 35% off all their books and www.Christianbookclearinghouse and www.Abekabook.com has free shipping.

I have started a home school blog to keep track of what each child is doing and what curriculum I'm using and I will try to keep it updated as to how I like it. I'm trying to choose learning methods that will work good for each child and yet stay cohesive with my teaching plan so I'm not too confused.

http://zimmermannhss.blogspot.com/

I'm trying some new stuff with Graham this year, Explode the Code on line. Doni has been using it and the boys seem to really like it. I'm loving Story of the World history, it works for each age child and it cycles back through at different learning levels. I also really like Stick Figuring Through the Bible and The Word and Song Bible for bible curriculum. Abeka has worked well for Noah for writing, spelling and English so we are sticking to it and I'm starting Braxtyn a a little early because of her interest level. Anyways, it is listed out on the other blog in better detail.

No comments: