...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunday at Starbucks...

No, I did not go to church on Sunday... I ditched. I had a fairly good reason, anyways, I have been working with a girl competing for Miss Rodeo Arizona and I had to go support her. It was a nice morning I spent with my mom and I got to see many good friends that I ride with and use to rodeo queen with. Well, afterward we went to get a coffee at Starbucks and when we went in we started talking to this very nice lady and just hit it off, well while we were having this loud conversation laughing and such, another lady in line looks at me and says, Brooke is that you? I of course say yes and smile at her very unfamiliar face. She reaches across to me and embraces me in a huge hug and says she is so glad to see me and asks me how the baby is. I of course I automatically smile and say she's fine. She proceeds to tell me she is Monica's mother.....hmmm....I know I don't know a Monica, but this lady certainly knows me. I'm feeling terrible and go outside with my mom and we continue our conversation with our new friend the photographer who asks me to do a photo shoot for her portfolio and we exchange business cards. I tell my mom that I have no idea who that woman is and I feel terrible. Well Monica's mother comes out of Starbucks and says, how old is your baby boy? I tell her SHE's nine months, the woman stops and says, I don't think you are who I think you are. I just start laughing and tell her I'm relieved because I have no idea who she is and I know I don't know a Monica. But I was wondering, how do you know my name? She just starts laughing and tells me her daughter's business partner is named Brooke and just had a baby boy! She then asks me if she can take a picture of me with her phone so she can tell the other Brooke she has a twin!

It's not every day that you walk into Starbucks, make a new friend who wants you take your pictures and then find out you have a twin with the same name as you and get your picture taken...

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

That's funny! :) I have people think they know me all the time to and swear I look EXACTLY like such and such. In fact, I met a guy while in college who wouldn't talk to me the first trimester because he was so angry that I wasn't acknowledging him (he thought I was someone else).

Don Z said...

I'm not really being picky in pointing out you cannot technically "go to Church" because true church is litterally the body of Christ. In reality "church" happens whenever you get together with another beliver or too. It's about living life in a relationship as a follower, not sitting in a meeting (even if the sermon was really good and the music great) I'm sure Father got a laugh watching this all unfold too, I know Papa did. Since no one is keeping score, you did not lose any points and I am glad you had a good time with your mom and new friends.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Dad, I love that! It was neat to talk to this woman and share in her life. Thank you! And for the record I love OUR church because of the great sermons and beautiful music!

Amy said...

Too funny! We gotta get together soon... Bible study just ended today. Can't wait for next semester! Laura is going to come back and now she lives about 10 minutes away from me.