...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Life Unexpected

Oh how life has thrown us some curve balls this year. In every day there have been questions and more questions. Answers have been few and far between and we have continued to press on as you have to when there are unknowns. One thing that has been very certain is that we are expecting. This was unexpected... four seemed a great number and although my "I'm done" button seems broken, it made sense to not have anymore. Ha! What do you know, while not "trying" we got pregnant. Nothing is an accident and babies are always a blessing...the timing has been interesting! So during the move, the changes, the newness, and all the frustrations this year. One thing has remained constant, my growing belly. As far as we were concerned boy or girl would be great, but for some reason we had it in our minds that it was a boy. I even took a at-home gender test that clearly showed BOY. For the last 10 weeks I have been thinking of boy names, I even bought a baby boy sleeper with guitars on it! We went to the ultrasound today and through all of it, I waited for her to say, yep its a boy. When she said you're having a girl! I was shocked and so very excited. It took me a while to think girl again but now I can't stop thinking about her. What a great surprise to day. No definite names yet, we are still arguing over them. Daniel likes to come up with names like, Wilma, Sedona, ect. So we haven't gotten very far. Evelyn Claire, has been one that we both like, but as you well know it is NOT set in stone:) So as life comes at us unexpectedly, each day brings one exception to it all, we are having our third little girl!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well said, Brooke. You express your thoughts so clearly! My heart goes out to you as you continue to be patient and wait for the Lord to direct your next step. Continuing to pray for you guys! Yay for another girl! And for what it's worth, I like the name you guys have agreed on for now ;-)