...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Carmelized onions..

The kids eating candy in Jerome
Something totally new for me...enjoying an onion. Normally onions are on my "No thank you" list, but last night a new flavor opened up my taste buds to caramelized onions. Ok, so my new recipe first and then you can try this tasty delight in your own home. Expect some burning of the eyes, but totally worth it!



First you need:

4 chicken breast

2lbs red potatoes

1 large red onion

flat leafed parsley

Parmesan or mozzarella

balsamic vinegar

salt and pepper

olive oil

Fresh Spinach




Easy easy, cover your chicken in a simple Italian salad dressing, garlic salt and pepper. Throw it on the grill. cut up your potatoes into cubes and boil them until tender, then drain water and add parsley (cut up), butter and parm or mozzarella (depending on how cheesy you want them). Set them aside to keep warm. Warm up 1 tbs. olive oil and 1 tbls. butter and add your sliced red onion and 3 tbls balsamic vinegar. Cook those babies until they are almost burned or they say, caramelized about 15 minutes and then at the end add 1/4 c. water and scrape the black into them.

Put the chicken on a bed of spinach and layer it with the onions and add the side of potatoes! So my love of caramelized onions begins...

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Sounds great. I am trying your pork and guac recipe this week too. German potato salad is hot with vinegar and this recipe makes me hungry for that.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

I love it when new recipes actually work!