...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's the little things


Don't you wonder how we survived our lives before motherhood?

Each day I look into their precious eyes and laughing smiles and wonder how I survived a day without them. Sometimes, when my day looks like a Johnson & Johnson's or Fisher Price commercial.. I wonder, how my heart beat, as it was so very small, without these adorable babies to love. I know I write a lot of sarcasm about mother hood, but I'm serious when I say how much I adore being a mom. There are days I am glad there are toys strung all over the floor, and loud laughter, and even middle of the night feedings.

....I am also a believer in the truth and the fun of motherhood. And those, can be those little things that creep up on you and then WHAM, knock you to the floor!


The moments you never saw coming and wonder what's coming next! I remember taking an hour to get ready. By myself. Not finding my best lipstick on my two year old.Not wondering where my brush was. Not sneaking around to paint my nails. And now, I mostly hope I look and smell ok as I rush out the door to gymnastics, grocery store, church.. I used to complain that I couldn't find a bathing suit to fit. Now, I just want a chance to wear one! Float on a raft. Keep my hair dry...
It's the little things in miniature..my motherhood reality...

last week, for instance, I picked poo off the rug with my bare hands, thinking it was chocolate. Note to self: ALWAYS USE A PAPER TOWEL WHEN CLEANING THE FLOOR

My sweet Cozette, who is learning language and conversation at a rapid pace, has been rubbing my belly and talking to a baby in there. And to make me feel even better, Noah told me that from the way I was standing it looked like I had a baby in my tummy. Unknown to them, that would be a medical miracle, and yet I don't know that that would stop their sweet assurances. Their is NO baby in my tummy.



I am also learning something new as my little boys grow to be big little boys...they like girls and don't know why. So they just act like maniacs and totally lose their heads. My sweet Jacqueline, helped my boys totally lose it. I don't blame them, but man they can't stop themselves from flexing, climbing trees, doing handstands, giggling maniacly..Oh..my..what's to come?

...And don't you love, bedtime? Need I say more? I didn't think so.

So in any case, enjoy motherhood and be sure to remember the little things.
Because our little things, are growing up so very fast!

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Ah yes - I so agree with you. :) I made the mistake of taking Tori shopping with me and she sat on the dressing room floor and everything I tried on she said "That isn't cute. That doesn't fit". Finally I put my old clothes back on and she says "what you were wearing was cute." LOL. Jim told me not to take her again. Little punk.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Aren't girls fun! Hee Hee!