...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Deceptively Delicious!

Have you heard of it? Its a book by Jessica Seinfield (Jerry's wife). She introduces new recipes with vegetables mixed into everything. So I went to the store and bought all the veggies we never eat and I am Pureeing like mad! I am going to try most them out on my unsuspecting nieces and nephews on Valentines day. It's my year to host the kid party, thanks to Aimee, we have a date night once per year!!LOL! So what better group to try out Mac and cheese with cauliflower, Pink pancakes with beets, choc late chip cupcakes with pumpkin and yellow squash, and of course chocolate fondue with avocado! I know, sounds digust..ING! I'll have some back up dishes as well, just in case. But I've heard all good things about these recipes and if I can get all 8 of those kids to eat that many veggies in one night without knowing it, I'll be a proud auntie :) I feel so DECEPTIVE!

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

You and Heidi have fun with that LOL. Sounds like too much work for me. :). Funny thing is...I have NO problem getting my kids to eat veggies. They love veggies. I can't get Ty to eat meat though and I am having to force the issue lately. I do NOT want to accomodate a vegetarian in this house. I think you need to save some tastes for us mom's. I am curious. Especially the chocolate/avocado mixture:).

Aimee said...

Sounds like fun! You are great at trying new projects:) Gonna have to come up with a good nickname for you, nature girl or organic lady...something!!! The kids are going to have a blast, they will love it and we are looking forward to date night:).