...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, January 21, 2008

Zandi's a girl, Freckles, and letters

Noah is growing up! I hate to admit it, but he's just such a little man. Starting with his face becoming Daniel's overnight! He is getting these adorable freckles all over his nose. When I think of Daniel in grade school all I see are big eyes and freckles! Secondly, he told me last night, after spending a day with his cousins, that Zandi was acting like a girl! He was pretty shocked and a little disappointed. Somehow he must have missed that she was a girl or he chose to play with her because he refused to believe a girl could keep up with him and Tanner. Well I'm afraid if she wasn't already feeling the push, out of the boy club; she will now. Such a sad day, I remember it well as a tomboy myself... And then lastly, he is wanting to read and write and do school work! He has one more year before 1st grade and yet he just loves reading! I realize you all think I'm crazy for not being just thrilled! But if you had to spell out everything at your dinner table to have a Private conversation with your husband, you would realize the effect this will have on Daniel's and my ability to communicate!! I guess all parents move on to some other way, but darn it I thought we had another year. I still have on ounce of hope, he still says he wants to live with us forever and he doesn't like girls! Well its great now , but I'm guessing at 20 or so we might want to change that! He also said I should have 10 more kids and I looked like I had a little baby in my belly. So who's gonna listen to him??LOL!

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

LOL. Poor Zandi. She out for sure. As for private conversations, let me on your solution once you figure it out. Sign language maybe? Learn a third language? When do they figure out pig latin? :)

Aimee said...

That made me proud when Noah said she is acting like a girl! There are some days I wonder if I am having much influence at all because she is such a daddy's girl:). That little Noah is so cute and so smart, can't imagine what he will do when he grows up!