...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

getting canned



No we did not lose our jobs, on the contrary..we are getting better at them!
Some of us girls are getting back to the basics. We have big plans that include growing and grinding wheat, milking goats and canning. So yesterday Jodi and I spent the afternoon making our own apple sauce and apple pies from scratch. We had a great time doing it and it was oh so yummy! We spent all day and only yielded 4 jars of sauce and two pies, but hey, it was our first attempt and there was a lot of Internet research to do beforehand.
What did our great grandmothers do without the Internet and microwaves.
So anyways, back to the basics right??

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Uh...you ladies have fun with that and feel free to invite me over afterwards...for dessert. ;)

Ray and Janell said...

you girls never cease to amaze us. :-)

mikeanddebbie said...

Way to go, Brooke and Jodi! Doni, you're hilarious!!

Aimee said...

I second Doni;)