...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, October 12, 2009

Sleep deprived

As most people know me, I am very active. I have a plan for each day, week, upcoming weekend, even if there is nothing to do, I plan to do something. However, Cozy has plans FOR ME. Its called night time partying. I'm so over this party, I can't tell you how may times I've glared at Daniels' sleeping body. He looks so peaceful I just want to throw him out of the bed and see if he liked getting up at 2am. Please sisters, say you understand! Its my fault, I'm a baby spoiler. I like to hold them all the time, sleep with them, and I hate to let them cry. I always end up here, a baby that wont sleep unless they are fed or rocked or in my bed next to me. And then I go crazy after about 4 months of it. So here I am again, going to let her cry a little to get herself to sleep. I tried this two weeks ago and I gave up before she did. So here I go again. I think if I don't do this Daniel is going to set up a playpen in the other room and do it himself, so his crazy wife will sleep. I think I might let him, until I hear her pitiful crys that I know must be for some good reason...she needs me:). Its Baby Wise time, this book has saved me from sleep deprivation three times now. Why I don't start the books methods at birth, I don't know, but it really works out once I put her on a schedule. I don't even want to hear from you moms who's babies just decide to sleep through the night on their own! (Doni) Oh well, this too will pass!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

I hear ya, I agree with everything you're saying and I support you 100% sista!!

mikeanddebbie said...

I feel your pain! Glaring at Daniel's sleeping body and wanting to throw him out of the bed--LOL! I so can relate to you on that one! I'm terrible at letting my babies cry too. It hurts my heart! Good luck this week! I'll be eager to hear more on Friday!

Papaz said...

Sorry Brooke, but I must support Cozi on this one. When HER DADDY was that age he kept me up all night...for all the sme reasons. One night I just let him scream till 4AM. When I finally gave in and picked him up, he smiled and went right to sleep. So go ahead and hand her to sleeping Danny boy, and remind him I swore to get even!

Aunt Diane said...

Boy do I know what you are going through Sweetie. I had to go back to work when Robbie was 6 weeks old. I had to go through 6 weeks orientation and he would wake up screaming 1-2 hours before I had to get up. His cry was so soft he slept in a dresser drawer on my night stand. Trust I am on your side. I don't know why but all 4 of your Aunt Cheryl's gang went to bed at 10 and woke up ay 5 or 6 by the time they were 2 weeks. Trust I really wanted to smack her. LOL

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, I suppose it wouldn't be wise to share the fact that even when your children are teens Mom will still be the one that gets up out of bed to comfort, nurture, help them in the middle of the night???? LOL

I too have had wonderful dreams of dumping my husband out of bed. LOL

Prayers coming your way for sleep my friend. :)