...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Its getting better!

Baby Wise scheduling is my friend, after two days of regular naps and feedings my little girl slept peacefully for two eight hour stretches, I was sleeping in Braxtyn's room and only had to sit up to feed her because Daniel insisted I get some real sleep. Sweet husband! I guess I won't be throwing him off the bed anytime soon! So last night I decided to sleep in my own bed its so much more comfortable. I put her in the glider to try and get a few more hours out of her, nope. After three hours she was up and crying. Daniel is determined to keep her in a sleep pattern he got up placed her in the pac in play in our bathroom (that's were they sleep in a small house without any rooms left! LOL!) and let her cry it out....I of course kept saying I thought she sounded stuffy, do you think she can breathe ok?, she's probably hungry now...he made me stay in bed...after about twenty minutes she fell asleep until 3:30am!!! She went 6 1/2 hours and then I fed her and she slept in her crib quietly until 7:30. So tonight we will do it again until she is hopefully sleeping in longer stretches. It would seem I'm a new mom wondering if this will ever end, when I know that I have three little ones sleeping peacefully from 9-8 each night. It all goes away and then somehow my brain re-sets and I forget all these painfully long nights and blurry days and all I remember is the sweet little baby smiles, cuddles and that sweet newborn baby smell... So in a couple of months when she's sleeping a regular 8-10 hours per night I'll forget the devastation of sleep deprivation!

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

And that is when you end up expecting again hee hee. :) Love you.

Ray and Janell said...

we love you guys! katelynn still talks about you all the time.

Trish said...

That's so great. Yay for sleep!

jolleyzoo said...

Oh Brooke she is so beautiful, I still cannot wait to meet her.
Sleep schedule's are crazy when our babies are little.
I have to admit I miss have a baby in the house even with the deleted sleep, my youngest is two months away from turning five and I wish for just a few minutes I could rewind time to hold them again.
Reading your post about Cozy brings back those "I need a five minute nap" memories.
She will catch on and I am sure you will catch back up. I am happy to hear that you got a little rest time though.